Choosing Shopify’s POS system is a wise decision because of the many advantages and conveniences it offers. You can use this POS to accept credit card payments at any time from anywhere. It is beneficial as the system allows you to sell your goods, no matter where your buyers are located, even when they are on the move.
The Shopify POS system is a great investment for any business, and you also have the freedom to try out their services for 14 days, free of cost. This POS system will ensure seamless integration and enable you to sell products and take payments through any device. Your orders, customer data, and inventory will also be automatically updated.
This POS system can cater to experts and beginners alike. It ensures a fully customizable site, blog, and online store with unlimited bandwidth, customer data protection, and product inventory features.
You can sell on multiple new sales platforms like Amazon or Pinterest. It also supports multiple payment gateways, and you can count on its rock-solid customer support services that are available 24×7.
Furthermore, you can manage and track the inventory across many channels, accept all types of payment, apply discounts, customize taxes, send customers their receipts through text messages or emails, and process refunds.
- You will need to buy Shopify-compatible hardware to install the POS. These include scanners, printers, stands, and cash drawers.
- The iPad stand is lightweight, easily movable, but secure at the same time. It comes with a 360-degree pivot table that makes it easy to turn it towards your buyers for getting their signatures.
- The barcode printer will connect to your printer, whether you use Mac or PC, through a USB. It is capable of printing nearly 51 labels in a minute. You do not need to buy costly ink because it makes use of thermal printing techniques.
- The barcode scanner will have to be paired with the Shopify POS. The device can work seamlessly with an iPad, and offer long-range scanning to a distance of 100 meters. It also has long battery life.
- You will need a receipt printer to print attractive custom receipts. Installing the printer is easy, and you can print wirelessly from the iPad.
- Finally, you will need a cash register that is reliable and lockable. There must be a bill tray for keeping the money safe, and this can be unlocked wirelessly using the iPad app.
Features Of Shopify POS System
Some of the features of the Shopify POS system are:
- You can track both debit and credit card payments through an external card terminal.
- It is also possible to accept more than one payment in one transaction. Shopify POS will also let you sell gift cards. These may be redeemed by buyers at the physical or online store.
- Shopify POS will let you take orders even if you are not connected to the Internet. These orders get synced automatically the next time you log in.
- The POS offers a store credit option in place of refunds. You can create customized payment options like gold coins, cheques, and IOUs.
- You can also track special requests through notes that are attached to specific orders.
- You may store a buyer’s shipping address and other contact information to ensure that you can ship orders at later dates.
- Shopify POS lets you accept customer orders anywhere because you can physically bring the tablet or smartphone to the buyer.
- All taxes will be calculated depending on where the store is located. You are also free to disable taxes for a certain order.
- Shopify POS will let you assign, track, and use discounts. So, you can offer usage-based discounts for frequent buyers, military personnel, and seniors.
- You get to set up promotions online and then apply these in-person. All discount codes created with the mobile app or Shopify admin will be accepted at checkout counters having Shopify POS on both iOS and Android platforms.
- You can even track discount reports through Shopify Reports. Also, you will be able to use the POS to refund past orders and make exchanges using Store Credit.
- You can view order history both for the online store and physical store, according to customer, date, or product specifications.
- You get to monitor all cash-register or staff changes that happen in a day. But, this feature is only available in ‘Shopify’ and ‘Advanced Shopify’ plans.
- You can make multiple staff PINs and use these to track orders.
- You can save time on bookkeeping because Shopify integrates with QuickBooks and Xero.
- Every order makes a new customer profile, and you learn more about buyer habits.
- You get to synchronize your retail and online buyers. All orders get synced and can be tracked, irrespective of where they were placed.
- You can get email addresses of clients at the checkout point and use these to keep your customers updated with the latest promotions.
- Finally, you can enjoy dedicated customer support 24×7.