How To Use Xbox One Controller On PC Guide
When the market is full of gaming consoles for PC, it is hard to get your hands on a particular one. You can choose the Sony’s dual shock but then Xbox one controller pc is another great choice for a real-life gaming experience. X Box is one of the most successful projects launched by the Microsoft and is still trending at the top of the market. Same does its products as you can buy Xbox controller for pc now. This is a gift to the people who like to do the PC gaming in a pro way. Though the original version of the controller is the best for the X box, you might face a few problems while installing the x box controller on PC. Don’t worry its same as that plug and play thing but first, you need to set it.
The controller is available in 2 alternatives as wired and wireless. There are many ways that you can use both of these controllers on PC efficiently. Here are the few things that you need to install the controller for the PC.
Related : Free Xbox Live Gold Trial Codes
What would you require?
Here is the list of things that you would require beforehand proceeding to how to use Xbox one controller on pc.
- Xbox application for the accessories which can be used for the software updates.
This is the hardware that you require for the wired controller
- X Box Controller
- USB cable to connect the controller to PC
This is the hardware that you would require to connect a wireless controller to the PC.
- X Box controller
- Wireless adapter (The same one which comes along the controller)
- AA batteries
Simple ways to connect Xbox one controller to pc (Wired)
The wired version of the X Box is a cakewalk to connect as you have to plug and play and you are all set for the game. As soon as you connect the wire, the windows would notify you that you have connected something. After recognizing the controller, the windows will self-install the software that would act as an Xbox one controller driver. The controller’s guide button will start to glow, and then you are all set to go.
Talking about the multiple connections then it depends on your version of the windows. If you are using windows ten, then you have an advantage that you can connect eight controllers simultaneously. This means that you can play all those multiplayer games with your group of friends. The other versions of windows like Windows 8 and Windows 7 support only four controllers at a time.
Although, on windows 10, if you connect an X Box chat headset, then your windows ten can only support four controllers at a time. If you connect the stereo headset, then you would only be able to connect 2 with that. These are not supported by the Windows 10 and Windows 8.
You may face problems with the connection of a wired x box controller if you use a bad USB cable. There are some USB cables, which are a good option for charging. Whether it be a mobile phone or another device, you can charge through those USB cables. These types of the cables cannot come into the use for the connection of the wired x box controller.
You would require a good data transfer rate USB cable that can be used for connecting the controller.
How to connect the wireless x box controller
The process of connecting a wireless controller is simple like the wired one but a little different. You would have to follow the following steps to install a wireless x box controller on PC.
- Take the xbox one wireless adapter that came with the X box and plugs it into the USB port.
- The wireless controller has to turn on by pressing the sync button that is present onto the controller. Keep trying until the guide button on the middle of the controller starts flashing.
- Now, you have to press the sync button which is present on the side of the controller. You have to keep that pressed for a few seconds until the guide button starts to glow continuously. When it goes solid, you get a connection with the PC.
Connect your wireless x box controller to PC via Bluetooth
Every wireless x box controller can get connected to the Bluetooth. While your controller can connect to any of the Bluetooth adapters, it’s quite complex to make it know of its ability that it can connect with anything.
The X box controller has the plastic molding at the top of the controller. The very first versions of the controller didn’t have Bluetooth. They were uncomfortable in the hands with a narrow click range. You couldn’t place your fingers correctly on it.
The new version of the X Box wireless controllers wins it all. It has a smaller plastic molding. Along with this molding, the controller also has a headphone jack at the bottom. The Bluetooth is present right above the jack.
It’s time to get back on your PC.
- Press the windows key and type “Bluetooth.” It would bring up some few search results with one saying “Bluetooth and device settings option.” Open it up and make sure, if your Bluetooth is switched on. Make sure you also check that if it is discoverable.
The Bluetooth function of the controller would only work with Windows 10. This would work by installing the anniversary update.
- Now grab the controller and again press the sync button and let the guiding light flash rapidly.
- Now it’s time to pair the device. Click on add new device on windows, and you would see the controller flashing.
- Click on the X box controller, and you are all connected to the PC.
Take care that only the X box controllers are the ones which you connect via Bluetooth, not the headsets.
How to configure and update the x box one controller
Apart from the games, the controllers to receive an update too. You can update your controller by following some simple steps though it is not necessary.
- Go the X box accessories through the windows store and install the application.
- Connect your controller with the USB cable.
- Click on the more options buttons to check that if your controller has an update.
You can configure your controller as per the game, but that would get too hectic for you. This can also be done by the accessories app in which you can configure you button map, triggers, insert sticks, swap, disable and enable rumble.
If you have an elite version, then you can use the controller by configuring its analog stick’s sensitivity. You can save these settings in two different profiles and then use them for various games.